PHS Booster Grant Request
The PHS Booster Committee is pleased to offer Team/Group/Club Grants in amounts up to $1500.00 (see formula below). The intent of our Grant Program is to provide funds for equipment which will help teams, groups and clubs be more competitive, to partially fund extra travel to competitions and gatherings, or to fund activities which benefit large portions of the PHS student population.
Proposals with specific justifications and precise cost estimations as well as proposals from teams, groups and clubs who have assisted in Booster fund raising activities (Booster Meetings, Auction, Concessions, Christmas Tree Sales, etc.) will have priority.
FINAL DEADLINE: April 30, 2019
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY:
Formula for maximum grant amount:
1 team or 1-20 participants = max $800
2 teams or 21-40 participants = max $1250
3 teams or 41 and above participants = max $1750
Requirements/Conditions (set forth by the PHS Booster Club Bylaws):
- A representative from the team/group/club asking for Grant money must attend the first possible Booster meeting to explain the need in person. The representative may be a parent, student, advisor, teacher, or coach. Grants will not be considered until that time.
- Participation in Booster activities is required and must be documented (date, time, hours and number of participants) and signed by the activity supervisor. We must have proof that your group participated in the activity within the last year (i.e. Concessions, Christmas Tree Sales, Auction, Booster Meetings, etc).
- If a student completes the grant application form, it must be signed by an advisor/teacher/coach.
- Teams/Groups/Clubs may apply for a travel grant not to exceed $500. Travel grants may not be used for hotel costs.
- Teams/Groups/Clubs may apply for a perishable item grant not to exceed $500
- Applying for and receiving a travel or perishable item grant negates the ability to apply for another grant until the following school year.
- Please be sure specific cost estimates are included in the grant application with detail about what items are to be purchased with the grant.
- Grants will be awarded as received. All grant monies awarded must be spent within the current fiscal year. (By June 30th, 2019)
- Items purchased with grant monies become the property of PHS.